Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Adventures with Edibles

The little diva started solids on Sunday. As you can see...she was thrilled at the opportunity:


That's not to say we haven't had our ups and downs...We have learned, for example, that if she is already crying because she is hungry we don't necessarily have the best results when it comes to trying to feed her... Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Exhibit A...
With starting solids, there are some perks. We went to the store with every intention of just buying a Bumpo chair so that I could feed Faith by myself (she's a little short for the high chair)...we had intended to buy the Bumpo but for $5 more we got a chair that is like a Bumpo but also comes with an activity table, a tray for snacks when she's older, and converts to booster seat for later on when the princess is ready to join us at the table. I wish we could have gotten pictures right after we put her into it, she had a huge smile on her face that said, "Look at me! I'm a big girl!" We did manage to catch the magic of her trepidation as she debated on whether or not to play with the toys on the activity table:
Gee dad, what is that crazy thing?

I don't know if I'm sure about this...should I touch it?

Say...this thing makes noises!

I LOVE IT!

Oh...imagine the possibilities!

The chair has become a huge success, and it seems to be one place I can sit her when she is being clingy that she will be happy for five minutes...hooray for progress and age appropriate toys!

Hugs and deliciousness until next time darlings!

No comments: