Sunday, February 5, 2012

An Evening In...

Jeff had wanted to take me out to dinner (which by default would have included the little diva)...he had wanted to take me out to dinner, but these days I seem to run out of steam much faster than I used to....and the nausea...oh the nausea...it likes to creep up and ruin our best laid plans.

We were at the store shopping for the coveted Gatorade powder (which we found, it was the LAST can available in the store...teaches us to shop for things like Gatorade the day before the Super Bowl.) Here is a transcription of our conversation.

Jeff: You look like you don't feel good.
Me: (forcing smile) I'll live
Jeff: Liar...are you sure you want to go out tonight.
Me: You wanted to take me out.
Jeff: Yeah, but you don't look like you feel good. What would you like to do...TRUTH
Me: ...(pausing, thinking)...the honest to goodness truth...I'd prefer to just lay at home in our room on our bed and watch movies.
Jeff: (smiling and chuckling) To be honest, I would rather do that too.
Me: Okay, then its settled.
Jeff: Do we have everything we needed here?
Me:(half joking) Do you want to go look through the $5 movie bin?
Jeff: Alright lets go...I'm serious, let's go look.

We then proceeded to the $5 movie bin.

Jeff picked up Dragonheart...great movie, haven't seen it in a while...sold...I picked up Get Smart...also great movie I hadn't seen in a while...sold...

OF COURSE...as we were getting to walk away I HAD to notice it out of the corner of my eye...one of the greatest fairy tale adaptations of all time...HOODWINKED!  I picked it up and looked at Jeff...he gave me his puppy dog face...the face that says, "I know we shouldn't, but we're going to anyway."

So...instead of walking out with one or even 2 movies, we walked out with 3... Jeff commented on our way out of the store that we were on our way to an awesome movie marathon...I smiled and nodded in agreement.

Well, the movie marathon didn't exactly happen last night. We did watch Dragonheart.  Just as good as I remembered it FYI...we also ate really, really yummy frozen pizza.

In our house its ONLY DiGiorno...there are no substitutes. We decided to try the new pull apart breadstick pizza.  We are both wishing we'd picked a few more up because they were on sale for $4.99.  It was SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!  We both agreed that it was on par with some of our favorite pizza joints (and surpassed some of them too.) I highly recommend it. The dipping sauces throw it over the top.

Well...since I didn't want my red lips to go to waste (I did my make up extra super specially with the idea that we were going to a fancy steak house in mind.) I pulled out the camera...witness the Nielson Family Night In Shenanigans!


Our best "Vogue" pose...super model stardom, here we come...

Faith didn't quite get the pose down for our best "Allure" pose, but she will get there before they shoot the spread....

Here I'm trying to get her to smile...our best "Seventeen" look...but of course she reverted back to "Glamour" before I could snap the picture... 

She was playing with her mobile,but now she wants the camera...

She still wants the camera...

Back to happy singing to her friends on her mobile. 

Another attempt at a "Seventeen" pose...we almost made it...we could call it "Teen Vogue" right?

Daddy wanted in on the action...BLUE STEEL!

I told daddy to smile...Faith turned around to tell him to stop being so silly....
All in all, it was an okay night (even with a side of nausea! LOL) I love my little family. I am so blessed to have them. I won't pretend for a minute that I'm not.  I read other blogs where they are dealing with the loss of a child,or a spouse and my heart aches. All I can do is pray is that I never have to know that pain,and that my dear husband will never have to know that pain either, I couldn't imagine it. I have dealt with the loss of my father as a tween, and I don't know how I would get through a loss like that again.

My heart goes out to all of you that are struggling right now. I know that your trials may feel like they are going to last for forever, but (as someone who has lived through some pretty hard times) I can promise you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will find peace.  Remember that you are not alone. Remember there is a loving God and a loving older brother in Jesus Christ who, although it may not seem like it at times, are there waiting for you to open the door so they can wrap you in their arms and carry you through the worst storms imaginable.

Know that, even if I don't know you personally, I pray for you every night. I pray for all those that struggle, I pray that I may be able to be the answer to someone's prayer, I pray for you to find peace and the answers that you seek. I truly believe that God, with the help of our loving Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ, through the power of the Atonement, can heal all wounds. It will take time, and some days you will feel like someone has poured vinegar or lemon juice into them and rubbed it around, but the sting will pass. Days will get better, easier, life will be "livable". You aren't given anything that you can't handle without God's help.

Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you
Seek me and ye shall find me
Ask and ye shall receive
Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Remember that you have to do part of the work. Faith is an action verb. You have to meet God halfway, and this scripture proves it.  He will never leave you helpless.

Hugs and much love darlings! (P.S> Happy Super Bowl!...I must confess that ,as my 'Niners didn't make it, I am slightly bitter and will not watch the game based on principle. However, I hope those of you that are partying it up are safe, happy, and have a lovely day!)

1 comment:

Sheyann said...

Alright extraordinarily wonderful woman. I need tips on how to look stunning like that from the hair to the pulling-off red lipstick. Lol... BTW... While getting out is always fun, 9 times out of 10, I've found it's just more relaxing to stay in and have some quiet quality time with the hubs... post-kid(s). That's just me though. :)
Good luck tomorrow with the choirs! You'll do fabulous and you know it. :)