Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Delicious Lemon Pepper Chicken Marinade

This marinade is so tasty, it could actually double as a salad dressing...make an extra batch to cover your leafy greens...you'll thank me!

1/4 c cider vinegar
1/4 c. lemon juice
3 TBS Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 TBS oil (olive, vegetable, canola..it doesn't matter...)

Mix all ingredients together. If using as a marinade place thawed chicken in, toss until covered. Refrigerate and allow to sit for 4-8 hours or overnight for best results.

After chicken marinates, grill on grill pan or grill until done. Try to make sure you cook each side evenly...in other words if you turn it on one side after 7 minutes, cook it on the other side for 7 minutes. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and is juicy. Allow it to sit a few minutes before serving so the juices can settle.(usually needs to cook about 10 minutes per side)

** NOTE: After eating this for dinner tonight, my hubby declared that he thinks this would be a good steak marinade as well...May be worth trying. If anyone does try it before I do, let me know how it works out. I will update this recipe once we've tried it with steak!

pictured meal: Grilled Chicken (still getting the hang of my grill pan,and didn't spray it...I should have...oh well, I'll know for next time.), sauteed onions and squash,and rice pilaf.
(is anyone else having problems with Blogger loading pics? I'm getting really frustrated. I've tried loading from different comps,loading after putting them through photoshop,and even after putting them through my scrapbooking program and I still get these weird lines! I have to load them 4 or more times to get a decent copy on here...I have no problem uploading pics anywhere else...UGH! Not cool Blogger...not cool!)

Bon Appetit until next time darlings!

No comments: