Monday, September 6, 2010

Two beautiful words....and 12 different kinds of confused...

Well,
_______ made his move...
I woke up Friday morning to find this...

and (after some struggle and searching) this....





Originally, I had thought that the surprise had been for my roommate who has seemed to be on a new date every night this week, but the photo above gave it away...______ has been telling me non stop for the last few days how "random" he is.

Never have two little words been more beautiful...

CALL ME....

They resonated through my head all day...and I did call him, right after I realized it was him...

I have never had anyone do anything like this for me before, I found it sweet and adorable...and I didn't want to take it down, but my roommates insisted because people were stopping to stare and asking questions....I, heavy-hearted, removed the stack of post-it notes and they reside on the front of one of my closet doors...

We went on a date Friday night after this little discovery...

I was so excited, and it was on the fly and nothing was planned...some girls hate this...I don't...well I do, if the guy I'm with is expecting me to make the calls...but ______ didn't. He did drive almost all the way to reservation waiting for me to pick a place to eat, but he also gave me some suggestions based off of what he was in the mood for.

The end of the date didn't go so well...I asked him to be honest...he was...and some things were said that made me wonder if he even really liked me at all... That leads to confusion type 1- why do something so sweet (like writing call me on a million post-it notes (I know hyperbole, but it was a lot of post-it notes) ) and then tell a girl that the only reason you took her out was because her roommate had suggested you give her a chance????Why tell her that you're not looking to date anyone...yet, you do something like that??? Confusion 2- Why would you, earlier in the week after meeting her, come over and spend hours and hours talking and laughing with just her and not her roomies...(her roomies that you know and have been friends with for a while)ughhh...

To add to the confusion...earlier in the date I had invited him to come to Idaho Falls with me the next day because there had been plans to go to the zoo...and he was still considering coming Cofusion #3...

After a morning of texting back and forth while he decided what he wanted to do (he didn't want my family to get the wrong impression since I would be bringing him home with me) he surprised me again by deciding to come along to Idaho Falls...

The zoo fell through. (Too windy+sick kids= even sicker kids....the mommies weren't having it) So I take him to lunch (because I wanted to return the favor for him buying me dinner the night before) After lunch, we end up at a well known chain store in the toy department...we play with the toys and laugh at eachother- the time we are spending together starts getting more "date-esque"....then we decide to go to Toys R Us to play with more toys....Then we decide to go the mall, the excuse was that he knew I needed to get a test prep book there...we end up sitting in the children's book section reading to each other all of our favorite books from when we were kids...getting very very date-ey....

We walk around the mall, and he asks why I like him and tells me that because he is 4 years younger I am robbing the cradle (confused type 4)

We get back to my little sister's house, we're deciding if we should stay or go back to Pocatello since its almost dinner time (yeah, lunch turned into an almost 4 hour event- Which brings confusion type 5) _______ discovers my weakness....

I am probably the most ticklish person on the planet....

We end up in a tickle war in front of my family after he says ,"I can't believe I met someone more ticklish than me." He holds my hands so I can't tickle him, I break away...(getting more confused...#6)

We drive back to Pocatello instead of staying for movie night. _____ didn't really want to watch any of the choices we had, and we couldn't think of anything else we were dying to see...He asks if I want to go get dessert...he pays...we laugh and talk some more (very date-ey)

We get back to the apartment complex and talk in the car. He mentions that he has always seemed to like older girls because we are more mature (confused type 7)

We text back and forth for a while (confused type 8)

He invites me to a movie at his apartment...I go, but it turns out everyone who didn't leave for labor day weekend is there...however he sits next to me even though there are other seats available and then tickles me after the movie is over (discretely, of course- confused type 9)

This morning rolls around...I keep getting calls from a random number that has a 760 area code all morning long... I have an interview for my temple recommend renewal so I put my phone on silent and decide the prankster can get my voicemail. The bishop forgot to sign my recommend so I have to go wait and grab him between meetings for him to sign it. _______ is there, he is ward mission leader, he has his laptop out, he asks in a round about way if I would be willing to put off going back to IF and feed the missionaries. I say yes, but that I don't know of any priesthood holders that are available to be present at the meal, he volunteers himself.

I get one or two more calls from the mysterious number before church, but shrug it off and decide the prankster will eventually tire. I rush home and start dinner...the missionaries arrive early and it isn't done. _______ arrives and offers to help, I refuse politely (the kitchen is kind of my domain) We eat and enjoy our time, he jokes and then slyly dupes the missionaries into doing my dishes (I'm sure they would have done them anyway, but ________ still makes it highly amusing to watch)

The Elders leave with _____, he drives them somewhere and then comes back for his leftovers. He doesn't grab them and go though, he sits and talks, and jokes, and starts a tickle war that wages all over my kitchen and living room. ( Confused #10) He keeps playing with his hand (he fell off his bike last week and it has road rash) I notice his very long fingers, we compare hand sizes, and I tell him he has hands like Rachmaninoff and should learn to play the piano. He says he has tried, but no one wants to teach him. I offer to teach him...he wants to go learn right away.

We walk down to the lounge room and the out of tune piano that lives there. We sit and I start teaching him...he starts to tickle me again. As I grab his hand, I joke that he is giving me the perfect excuse to hold his hand, he proceeds to break free from my hold, put his arms around me and squeeze/tickle me (confusion 11)

Well, I start driving home, and the prank calls start back up again, along with texts from ______...finally _____ admits that he is the one that is doing the prank calls, from his computer. Then we start talking about why I like him again...we flirt text a bit, but he still refuses to admit that he likes me...or that he wants to date me...but his actions make me think that he does sometimes...

UGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Well, dear readers, until I met ________ I was becoming perfectly content with the idea of my lovely little single life... I had begun to accept things, I had started trying to picture a future all by myself, because, let's face it, that could be my reality...but then, I meet someone, who as far as I can see, meets all the points on that silly little list I have. He is smart, charming, funny, spiritual, handsome, sweet, giving...the list could go on, but I won't bore you because most of the time I want what every girl wants. I love that I can have a conversation with this man and not have to resort to sports or the weather...our conversations have depth and meaning, he asks and values my opinions on things...he tests my gospel knowledge and allows me to edify him and feeds me at the same time by both forcing me to share my testimony and by sharing pieces of his to make mine more complete...WHY OH WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO CONFUSING...first he's hot, then he's cold, then he's lukewarm...I know...I know...its all a part of dating, games are inevitable, no matter how much you don't want to play them.

I guess the lesson right now is that sometimes you won't get all the answers you want right now, and sometimes the people you want to get closest to will alternate between keeping you at arms length and letting you in...its part of life, its part of making friends...you have to build trust...I guess if anything, my desire to be close to ______ tells me that I still generally trust that people are good, which is a quality that I had feared I was losing. I still know how to trust and love without fear...its surprising...I guess I just trust and love in a little more guarded way (not saying that I am in love with _________, I love him like a friend, and I like him more...)

Well, dear readers, off I go into the wild blue yonder...here's hoping that I keep flying high, straight and true!

Hugs and loves until next time..

2 comments:

TCB said...

Ah my dear Brittany... I think we both know you need to let ______ go. Remember what Ms. Lane said, "A woman's love grows with time but am an loves like a decision. So make sure you marry someone who is crazy about you." If he's hot, cold, lukewarm then he's not worth your time. Hugs and kisses my dear Brittany monster!

Rebecca said...

keep us posted...i love to hear the juicy details in your love life!:)