Monday, September 23, 2013

Another 2 weeks of meals

I'm on the ball this go round! Had the meal plan done on Friday. Just didn't get it posted until now.

I did a really good job again of keeping the price down...I guess I'm just learning to anticipate when things are going to be on sale at the grocery store we shop at. The total cost for this meal plan came to $147 (rounded up, it was $146 and some change)...and that was with buying extra meat because it was on sale a few extra things for lunches that were on sale...so depending on where you shop, this meal plan should be relatively low in cost for 2 weeks. (P.S. I know you may be thinking- Well, she has 2 little kids...but I generally make anywhere from 4-6 servings when I cook (sometimes more) so it really is like shopping for a bigger family. My husband gets REALLY frustrated that we don't eat all the leftovers but I would rather cook it and have it available as leftovers than have meat getting freezer burnt because I'm not getting to it in time and cooking it in too small of portions. I tried for a while to only make enough just to feed us for only one meal, but that got frustrating because there wasn't enough for seconds if someone wanted more...)

Now...onto the meal plan and the beginning of Crock-tober...Yep, I'm going to do it. I'm going to try to do a month of crock pot meals...that being said, I am going to have 2 "break" meals in each meal plan for those days when you just can't get things into the crock pot in time.

So...let's finish out September and welcome a wonderful, crisp, chilly, lovely Crock-tober!

1. Skillet Lasagna (Made this last night. My husband LOVED it! It was so easy... gotta love 20 minute meals that turn out to be tasty!)
2. Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat) *I'm likely going to adapt this because I don't necessarily 100% agree with the ingredients or methods, but I've made this before and its super tasty! I'm also going to cook it in my crock pot...I've seen a couple of pins on Pinterest with a "how to" for timing for it. Should be tasty.
3. Crispy Onion Chicken
4. Hobo Tin Foil Dinners
5. Winger's Sticky Fingers (I will  be breading my chicken using the same method that I do for my sweet and sour chicken...I, in general, do not purchase breaded, pre-cooked chicken. Its too salty for my taste. My husband LOVES these, he actually thinks this recipe tastes better than the ones you get at Winger's.)
6. Crock Pot Sweet Barbecue Pork Steaks 
7. Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, and Tater Tot Crock Pot Bake (I'm excited to try this one!)
8. Crock Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
9. Disneyland Loaded Potato Soup
10. Pizza Soup * I will be adapting this recipe and using the crock pot
11. Pizza Rolls ( I posted this recipe on my blog earlier this year. I will find the link and post it here, but in the meantime, if you want it, I'm pretty sure there is a search function on my blog that will make it possible for you to search for it.)
12. Homemade Copycat Big Mac and french fries *P.S. you can just use Thousand Island dressing for the secret sauce as opposed to making the sauce listed in the recipe. It tastes exactly the same.
13. Lemon Chicken Carbonara
14. Homemade Chicken Pot Pie * I'll be adapting this recipe. Hoping I have the time to post a picture tutorial for you all! No reason to ingest tons of preservatives from a pre-made pot pie when you can make a nutritious and far more delicious version at home!

Happy cooking, darlings!

No comments: