Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome to Crock-tober. 2 Weeks of Slow Cooker Meals

Its my a favorite time of year. The leaves are turning colors, the air is getting crisp and cool (or snowing...like it did here in WY!)  and EVERYONE feels the need to bust out the best comfort foods they can think of....Well, at least I do. I decided to challenge myself this month to do a 100% slow cooker meal plan. I'm hoping this plan will divert me from curling up into a ball and crying "McDonalds! Pizza Hut!" on rough days where I just feel like I can't do another thing. I can pop the meal into the crock pot during the girls' first naptime and dinner will be ready by 5:30 or 6:00 that evening.

I hope I'm not alienating anyone by planning a month of meals for your slow cooker, but who doesn't love to come home, or sit and enjoy the smell of food slowly wafting from the kitchen?

Here's to challenging ourselves! (Well, or atleast to me challenging myself).

1. Spaghetti with crock pot Meatballs and sauce (You can look in the search query at the top of the screen for my crock pot spaghetti sauce recipe...however, if I have time, I will post a tutorial for the meatballs and sauce. :) )
2. Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Ham (* I'm going to be adding ham to this recipe and adapting it)
3. Baby Back Ribs
4.Garlic Lime Chicken
5. Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros
6. Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
7. Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
8. Bacon Wrapped Apple Barbecue Chicken
9. Slow Cooker Tacos
10. Slow Cooker Bacon and Cheese Potatoes
11. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini
12. Slow Cooker Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sammies
13. Slow Cooker German Pancakes (ie breakfast for dinner)
14. Slow Cooker cheesy chicken and potatoes

Happy crockin', darlings!

No comments: