Monday, October 21, 2013

2 Weeks Dinner Meal Plan- Bringing Crock-tober to a close

Its that time again...Meal Planning Time...

I apologize in advance...this is a really beef and pork heavy meal plan...mostly because my husband informed me that we're moving back to Logan, UT in 2 weeks and I needed to use what I have so we don't end up throwing it away...I went through my freezer and I am quite literally using EVERYTHING that is left...hence the current meal plan.  I had taken advantage of a beef sale a few weeks ago, so I have to clear out a couple of packages of steak and roasts. I apologize if this meal plan is a little more pricey than my others...Hopefully, you can find some good sales.  The next meal plan will be MUCH better and far more varied...I promise.

I also learned, after a week from Hades where we ended up eating more Hamburger Helper than I care to admit, that I need to have a few meals that could be cooked either in the crock pot, or on the stove...I try as hard as I can to get the meals into the crock pot during the girls' naptime, but last week we had several appointments that prevented me from being home to do so.

So...onward and upward. Here is the meal plan with links! Happy cooking and shopping, darlings!

1. Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole (I'm going to try this in the crock pot, preparing as directed but putting everything in the crock pot on high for 2 hours or low for 4...Hopefully, I will be in a position to tell you how it goes!)
2. Slow Cooker Tamale Pie
3. Ground Beef Stroganoff
4. Fall off the Bone BBQ Ribs (I'll be honest, the ribs never got made during the last meal plan. It always seemed like on the days I was planning on making them I was out of the house ALL DAY and had no time to put them in...hence the repeat.)
5. Amish Chicken (going to try this in the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours...we will see how it goes.)
6. Slow Cooker Meat and Veggie Stew
7. French Dip Sammies
8. Mongolian Beef
9. Carne Asada Tacos
10. Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes
11. Pork Tenderloin Roast
12. Polish Sausage Pasta (not a crock pot meal, but you need a few for days you just forget.)
13. Crock Pot Sausage Gravy over Biscuits
14. Butternut Squash Alfredo (another non-crock pot meal...decided that I need at least 1 meal a week that is not cooked in the crock pot because, let's face it, we run out of time or forget)

No comments: