Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy Birthday, Faith!

Oh my goodness, Princess!

Where has the time gone? It seems like it was just a few weeks ago that the nurses were taking you out of your warming bed in the NICU to put you in my arms for the first time and now you are 2!

We've definitely had our ups and downs over the last 2 years, but you have been a trooper through all of it.

I am one lucky mamma. You are so sweet, loving, and kind and you rarely ever get grumpy or complain.  I'm still waiting for your "terrible twos" to set in, but maybe they never will because you're just so darn agreeable! You are such a good big sister and you make everyone feel so loved.

Thank you for choosing to come to our family. Thank you for choosing us to be your parents. I don't know if I could picture my life without you and I don't remember what it was like before you came. You just fit. Thank you for all the lessons you have been teaching me about patience and for giving me reassurance along the way that I am doing the right thing as your mommy.

You have turned into such a frilly, girlie girl. You love to wear your tutus around the house and you love necklaces and looking "pretty".  You still love books and reading, and I am grateful for that. You are always content to do your own thing, so when you bring a book and crawl into my lap it always does my heart some good. You have also started to become our tiny dancer. You love to watch musicals and shows with dancers and try to mimic them. Our ottoman has become your ballet barre and it makes me melt every time I see you dancing and practicing there. I think, if you could stomach it, you would constantly be twirling, you love it so much.

You don't say much with words, but you say so much with your actions. None of us have to doubt that you are happy and feel loved. Thank you for being so wonderful. We love you. It has been the most amazing two years that any of us could have imagined.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

P.S. Here is YOUR slide show of the pictures we took of you this year. You have grown from a chubby little baby face to a little girl before our eyes. It has gone so fast!

No comments: