Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Healthier Me: Week 1 Roundup

Well, I measured this morning. I didn't expect to see much change but there was a little.  I've lost an inch in my bust, about a 1/2 an inch in the waist, but nothing yet to report in the hips.  I was surprised to say the least, as I really didn't expect to see the measuring tape "go down".

I decided that the easiest and best way to make this journey to a healthier me is to have small, obtainable goals for each week.  Last week my goal was to work out at least 4 days out of the week. I succeeded...yay me!  During the week, I made a smaller goal...I decided to make it a goal to make it all the way through my 45 minute work out video without stopping. Even if I wasn't going full bore, movement is movement, and I figured it would still help.

I was successful the day I made the goal...but had an asthma attack right after, and I can guarantee you that I wasn't smiling, or feeling sexy like the women in the video.  However, the next 2 exercise attempts seemed to get a little easier. I was able to put full effort into it a little longer each time...the progress was definitely very fulfilling.

I didn't exercise yesterday...mostly because Jeff was home and we had errands to run, but husband home or not I decided I had to exercise today.  Jeff's new work schedule has him working Tuesday thru Friday with Saturday, Sunday and Monday off...so now is the time to get my work out schedule on board with his schedule...

Jeff happened to be home today. They got a 5 day weekend instead of a 3 day weekend so they could all have a chance to observe Martin Luther King Day during their workweek ...I guess fair is fair. However, Jeff was nice enough to sit with Faith while I exercised.  I popped in my Cardio Go Go Dancing video and went to town.  Here are some comments from the peanut gallery as my husband watched me get all sweaty and gross...:

"We really need to get you a Kinect." (apparently he isn't too thrilled with my Cardio Go Go Dancing video...hey it kicks my butt....that meets my demands for work out videos for now...but I won't cry if he decides to buy me a Kinect with dance games and Zumba...)

"Your butt is really sexy...just sayin...thought you should know." (The video calls for lots of booty wiggling and hip shaking...its nice to know my hubby likes my curves...LOL)

and last but certainly not least:

Trainer on the video: "Wooo its gettin' hot in here? Are you hot yet ladies?"
Jeff: " (in sexy voice) It certainly is getting hot in here...really hot"

My dear husband...I'm glad he likes me because I sure do love him a lot.

Well, here is to progress darlings. Slow and steady wins the race. There is no quick fix for weight loss. You have to start small and be willing to work your way up. Even if all you can manage is 5 minutes of a work out video- do that five minutes and then promise yourself you'll make it 7 or 10 minutes next time.  Allow yourself to be accountable to yourself.  You can't cheat when you are making the goals attainable and easy and working your way up in difficulty.

What is my goal for this week... I am going to work out 4 times a week (like last week) but adding drinking more water.

Hugs and loves until next time darlings! I hope you're finding success as well!





1 comment:

The High Family- said...

Look at you super mom! Working out and taking care of a new baby. That is tough stuff!