Monday, June 27, 2011

Anticipation

2 MORE DAYS!!!!

It seems like this first 20 weeks has gone so fast, and now here I am waiting in a painfully slow period of time...in 2 more days we will know if McMonkey McBean is a boy or a girl.

Originally, we weren't going to find out the gender, but we decided that for finance's sake we needed to know. It will be much easier if we can gradually buy things as we anticipate baby than saving money hoping we have enough after he/she gets here.

Its times like these that I wish we had gone with the original plan...there wouldn't be half as much anticipation for this next appointment...and I wouldn't be going as crazy as I am now. Then, I remember how lucky I am to be living in the time that I do- we have the option of knowing. I imagine a young married couple in the 1800's or at the turn of the century and I wonder how they prepared for their first baby...

But then I remember that most of the clothing and gear that you needed for a new baby was gender neutral back then. We looked into gender neutral stuff...its way more expensive and much more difficult to find...

So, here we are in the modern world....I suppose we can assimilate...LOL

I guess I will just spend my time finding things to do to take my mind off of the anticipation.

For starters one of my favorite musicals "Gigi" is on TCM...that will kill about 3 hours of today for me...

My husband just brought me home a little baby pink rose that he picked for me...that killed a bit of time (what a sweet way to take my mind off of anticipation and the slow passage of time...I'm a lucky girl to have such a sweet husband!)

I suppose at some point I will have to take a shower and get ready for the day...

See...I can find things to do....really I can!

Well, the blogosphere and facebook are still open if you haven't cast your vote in the boy or girl debate. So far, girl seems to be eeking ahead as the winner in the opinion poll...

All will be revealed at my 10:30 AM appointment on Wednesday (we hope, sometimes babies don't cooperate)

Wouldn't that be ironic...I sit here in eager anticipation only to find out on Wednesday that we can't find anything out...with my luck it just may happen...LOL

Hugs and anticipation until next time darlings.

2 comments:

kota.terrace said...

Please dance around your house singing "The Night They Invented Champagne"...just for me xD

Sister Brittster said...

Oh I did Lakota...I did...LOL