Monday, June 11, 2012

The Art of Bedrest

So...

We got to spend an interesting day at the hospital on Thursday. I was having pains that felt like contractions, but they weren't long enough to be termed "contractions" and, because they weren't long enough, they couldn't get them on the monitors. When I had them, it would just look like fetal movement...but fetal movement at regular intervals...

Since they checked to see if the pains were causing any dilation, they put me on full bedrest for 3-4 days and then partial bedrest until my doctor's appointment on July 3...

I pretty much SUCK at bedrest...

On Friday I got an email saying that there was a form that needed to be mailed THAT DAY...well, the Little Diva was taking a nap, so I hurried and put my shoes on and waddled out the door and down the street to the mailbox...of course, I was feeling it when I came back...but, my husband wouldn't have been home until AFTER the mailman had already come and gone- we mammas do what we have to do to keep our house working...

Saturday, Jeff had to go take his ISCET Certification test (International Society of Certified Electronic Technicians for those of you wondering)...and the Little Diva had needed to take a bath since Friday...Jeff, being the wonderful husband that he is, has taken over bathing duties because I have a hard time bending over the bathtub to bathe our little princess...well, he didn't have time and, since she'd needed a bath since Thursday night, I couldn't handle it anymore.  I bathed her, stripped our cloth diapers because the liners weren't absorbing much of anything for some reason (the stripping worked beautifully and we are back to fully functioning cloth diapers by the way- YAY!) and tried to clean the living room...Let's just say that Jeff wasn't very happy with me when he got home...

We also had a visit from my Aunt and her family on Saturday. It was wonderful to see family. They drove down from St. George to do some birthday celebration stuff for my Aunt. :) Fortunately, while they were here I was just able to sit, relax, and enjoy their visit.

Sunday was a gray area...I probably technically should have opted to take one more day of full bed rest, but when they discharged me they told me to go with how I was feeling when it came to staying down or being up by Sunday...so I went to church and ran ward choir practice later that night...and boy have I been paying for it since...Church was NOT a pleasant experience at all.  I had some sweet sisters in the relief society (and even a few that work in primary) offer to take my baby so I could go lay down, but I didn't want to leave the Relief Society high and dry without a chorister for the closing hymn...so I soldiered through...

Today we tried to get our licenses switched to Nevada licenses and get the car registered...that didn't go so well either. Fortunately, I didn't have to stand in a long line for very long...but after processing my paper work the sweet lady that was helping us told me that she couldn't issue me a Nevada license because I hadn't changed my name on my social security card yet...grrrr (not towards her, towards the system- she was totally nice and even offered to let us come back to her window without having to wait for a number if we managed to get the rest of the paperwork done that we needed done today.) Jeff got his license with no problems...then we tried to register the car and the dealership for some odd reason didn't give us all the paperwork we needed so that we could....another GRRR! The lady was nice enough to let us relinquish our Idaho plates for good old Sophie so that we could call our insurance company and have her taken off the policy before our payment went through- so I guess 2 things out of 4 isn't too shabby for a trip to the DMV...

We then went grocery shopping...which is when I started going down hill. I was feeling pretty good at the beginning of the trip, but towards the end I was a dizzy, contracting but not contracting (because they aren't long enough to be contractions) mess...I am so blessed to have an awesome husband who carted all the groceries up the stairs from the garage because I honestly don't think I can stand up right now without falling over...

Long story short- as I said before- I SUCK at bedrest.

Oh well, I will try harder tomorrow...

(the jury is still out about whether or not we will brave a trek to the social security office today to get my paperwork done to change my card over...who knows...)

So- that's my boring life in a nutshell. Aren't you so glad you chose to read this blog?

Anyone out there with good pointers for not going crazy while resting? I just can't seem to make myself do it. There is just too much that needs to be done!

Hugs and loves until next time darlings!

No comments: