Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dedications

I've spent the last few days thinking about music...music for my wedding...

music I will be singing at my wedding...

I want the perfect song, I want it to reflect the way I feel in a way that I cannot with words alone.

I have been racking my brain, and I've come up with a few ideas, but none of them seem quite right. My knee jerk reaction was to use this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqsrVQfNYPc&p=8C0A38F94B7B67DF&playnext=1&index=35

In fact, the link above is the song I've dreamed about singing since I was a little girl (then again, at the age of 5 when I picked this particular song I was dead set on the idea that I was going to marry Gene Kelly and we would sing it together...)

However, as I've been a music major for quite a while, I've been exposed to a few other options that could be lovely as well.
Like this:


or this:

or even this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63USHAggfTw&feature=related

I definitely love this one:

Its all so confusing! So, in an effort to clear my head, I've been trying to think about what songs I would dedicate to all the people that I love...

To my Mom and Parker:

To Amber and Kiersten:

To Aaron:

To all my friends:

This list can go on...but I will stop it...

In the meantime, I will just continue trying to find a song that says everything I want to say...I love music, its pretty amazing like that.

Hugs and loves until next time.

No comments: