Friday, January 3, 2014

Meal Planning...back in the saddle!

Hello, darlings!

I am sorry we'v had such a long hiatus from meal plans but between morning sickness and learning about my Diabetes, it has been awfully difficult to even want to plan meals...and let's face it, when you throw in some major dietary restrictions, coupled with picky toddlers, it can make for an interesting (FRUSTRATING) time.

Here is the meal plan for the next two weeks. Feel free to steal as much of it as you need/want to. Not all of the recipes are 100% diabetic friendly, but there are easy substitutions I can make so that I can give my family the type of food they love, while making sure that my diet is maintained and healthy for me and the gummy bear in my belly.

Bon Appetit!

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito/Salad (salad for me, burrito for them.) * diabetic substitution- use brown rice! Has more fiber and fewer carbohydrates to spike your sugars. :) *

Cheeseburger Casserole *diabetic substitution- Whole wheat or gluten free pasta to cut down on carbohydrates.*

Chicken Gyros *diabetic substitution- you can try to find whole wheat pitas or flat bread if you'd like, but because they're unleavened, pita bread is generally lower in carbs*

Fettucini with Tomato Cream Sauce *again, can sub gluten free or whole wheat pasta*

Hobo Tin Foil Dinner

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas *sub whole wheat or low carb tortillas, I already use half the honey as well that the recipe calls for because for me and my family, they turn out overly sweet with the amount called for in the recipe*

Lemon Baked Chicken

Lion House Sweet and Sour Chicken

Weight Watcher's Chicken and Cheese Pasta Bake (A FAVORITE of my kids!)

P.F. Changs Crispy Honey Chicken Copy Cat (no link- sorry didn't copy it) If you want to find it, go to Food.com and search for 426044 or the recipe title.

Pizza Dip

Sticky Fingers Copy Cat *I will be breading my own chicken and baking it kind of like the chicken nugget recipe above to put the sauce on.*





No comments: