Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2 weeks of dinners

My life has been a fury of insanity over these last few weeks. The Divine Cupcake has RSV, so I have had many sleep deprived days and sleepless nights...and the Little Diva is into EVERYTHING...she now knows the meaning of the word "no" (she still isn't talking) and throws a proper fit every time that she hears it and knows that we mean it...its so tough to be 1...

Because my days are so hectic, I am awfully glad that I take the time on 2 Saturdays a month to come up with 2 weeks of dinners so that I don't have to think about what to make...I happily can just look in the morning and voila! I am a dinner master!

I had some friends and family ask me if I would start posting my meal plans...I realize now that not everyone plans 2 weeks ahead and saving themselves from the dinner "blahs" can seem like an endless battle between "I'm too tired to cook" and "I have no time to come up with ANYTHING."

Don't worry darlings, I am here to help.

I am also doing Weight Watchers with a friend, so many of this set are Weight Watchers recipes, and if not, I have ways that I am planning to lighten them up.  Here is the list of meals that my family will be using between yesterday and 2 weeks from yesterday with links to the recipes. If the recipe doesn't have a link, its my recipe and I will be loading the recipe (hopefully, with pictures) after I cook it...think of me as Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond, but not (I will never be as wicked awesome in the kitchen as she is...but I can pretend!)


Meal Plan
Dinners:
1.   1. Cola Chicken: LINK *Note, I will be making this in the crock pot instead of the oven 

2. Prosciutto and Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells

3. Vegetarian Pitas

4. Slow Cooker Tikka Masala:  LINK * I have some changes in mind to this recipe. I will write about them after I've done it. :)

5. Chili Lime Chicken LINK 

6. Korean BBQ LINK

7. Pizza Rolls

8. Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce LINK

9. Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas  LINK                                                                              

10. Alice Springs Chicken LINK

11.Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken

12. Da Vinci Pasta LINK

13. Cowboy Beans

14. Scooter’s Spaghetti LINK

I will post reviews of recipes, changes, and my recipes for this group as the 2 weeks go on. 

Last night we had Scooter's Spaghetti. Its a favorite of my family. Not necessarily the most healthy of meals, but you could easily make it with ground turkey or chicken and cut the fat and I used the 1/3 less fat cream cheese instead of regular (its creamier and easier to mix anyway). Its fairly quick and easy, and most people will have all the ingredients on hand. If you have any type of pasta (I used egg noodles because we were out of spaghetti last night), cream cheese, and pasta sauce, you can make this dish...and EVERYONE will lick their plates clean. SO SO yummy...and super nice when you're in a pinch and need something fairly fast. We'd had a long day in Logan yesterday taking Cupcake to the doc and running errands, and we were BEAT when we got home. This recipe on my meal plan list was a total and complete GODSEND.

Bon Appetit, my darlings!





No comments: