Saturday, October 11, 2008

Movie pick of the week

Okay, so I've had Netflix for a while, and I'm loving it. I'm taking chances and I've uncovered a few jewels. I've decided that I want to give a movie pick for people to try once a week. You can try to find it at your local video store, or if you have Netflix, you can enjoy it almost right away!


Here is my pick for the week:

It was a movie that was suggested for me to watch instantly on my computer- so for all you Netflixheads out there, you can go to the Instant section and watch it right now, which I strongly suggest!

This is the sweetest little movie. It is filled with little heartwarming moments and characters that remind you of people you actually know. It is well acted and the script is amazing.

In this story, Mrs. Palfrey moves to London and lives in the Claremont Hotel, so as not to be a nuisance and a trouble to her grown daughter. She has a grandson that lives in London, but, in spite of her attempts to make contact with him, he never comes to visit. One day, she meets Ludwig Meyer (Ludo) and her life changes. All of a sudden she has the family she has always wanted, and while people are touching her life, she doesn't realize how much she touches their's. Its a little bit of a tear jerker, but it is worth the hour and forty five minutes that you will spend.

So...here is my movie pick of the week- Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont.

It has also given me a new quote that is some food for thought:
"Destiny draws you to the path, what we do after that is up to us."

Happy Movie Night!


3 comments:

Amber Wray said...

Thanks for the suggestion! heaven knows I will be spending some time in bed so I thank in advance for something great to do while I am down and out

Rebecca said...

do you happen to know what it's rated?

Sister Brittster said...

I believe its PG