Thursday, November 1, 2007

Still Kvelling!

Okay...so my yiddish isn't as great as I had hoped it would be by this time in my life...but that doesn't mean I can't a kvelling (kuh-vell-ing for those of you who don't know) or fashuganah...but I'm mostly kvelling. I won the District Metropolitan Opera Auditions here in Montana, next step Regionals in Seattle...and then, dare I say it Nationals in New York City onstage at the Met working with their coaches and piano players....I really don't know what to say or think. I am just counting my blessings and I am so grateful for the chance to show my stuff. I've tried now 3 times at the Met audition, the first two times with little or no success and now the third time is a charm!

It meant so much to me to have all my friends cheering me on. For the first time in my life I celebrated something...I mean REALLY celebrated, I went to the fanciest restaurant in town with my friends and spent $40 on dinner...no I didn't buy for everyone- that was just for me! That's right, your Brittany Ann decided to go uptown (or atleast as uptown as you can get in Missoula, MT)

Of course the first person I called was my boyfriend...I've really come to rely on him...its scary and sad to think about the possiblity that someday he may be there, he is the first person I want to share good news with and the first person I want to run to when I am having a bad day...I've never experienced that...I usually just want to tell family when good things are going on and I usually keep my stresses to myself- but he has changed all that. Perhaps I won't have my semesterly nervous breakdown, I won't have it because I get to complain all I want to my Sethie and listen to him complain too...its a beautiful thing we've got going.

So, the countdown to the Met is on! I already have to think about changing my program, which means I will be learning a new aria...AGAIN...but an even better countdown is going on- 20 days people...20 days and I get to be in my Sethie's arms! I am completely Kvelling now! 20 days and I get to kiss him and be all ooglie eyed...

Moving right along...the semester is half over here at UM...WOOHOOO... I Just hope I can get my stuff in order, especially since I have a recital to learn music for. Heres hoping!

2 comments:

Amber Wray said...

You go girl! We are so proud of you and we know you can do it! And may I say as your big sis, Ewww gross I don't want to hear about you and Sethie kissing and looking all oggliy eyed at eachother! J/K Love ya

Justin said...

Well Well Well looks like the Brittster heart swelling with tremendous joy from incorporated events..... Congrats youngter!!! You are a dream master ain't nothing shaking you loose. your not just a go getter, your a GOAL GETTER.