Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pleasant Suprises...

Hello again all,

Well, Thanksgiving is once again upon us...its amazing to think how fast a year goes by, before we know it, it will be January 1st! Well, I found out this week that I have been offered an audition with the Ohio Light Opera on November 30...wish me luck, I'll need it. My friend Joel, who was offered an audition as well, lovingly mentioned today that the audition is in Salt Lake City on the 30th and that our big Concerto Aria competition (that we are both competing in) is the next day at noon. We have a long weekend of driving ahead. The plan is to leave Thursday afternoon at 2 PM, drive to Idaho Falls, spend the night there with my family then leave in the morning for Salt Lake and play for the day before our audition. Then, we have to turn around after our auditions are over at 5 PM, drive back to IF, spend the night again and then leave early in the morning on Saturday to make it back for the Concerto Aria competition... oh yeah, good times, but a pleasant suprise none the less.

If I wasn't two seconds away from being driven insane I don't think I would know what to do with myself.

Speaking of being 2 seconds from insane, I have three days until D-Day...or should I say S-Day, the day when Seth is finally out of Houston and with me. I am eagerly anticipating this because of what is riding on it...without giving too much away, a lot is riding on this following week going well. I am trying not to think about it too much. I just want to enjoy Thanksgiving, cooking enough to feed a small army, and spending time doting on my loving boyfriend. I guess I'm starting to put a foot off the "go with the flow" wagon, need to make sure that I pick it back up before I go rolling off the wagon completely and eat dust!

I am super excited to see my family. I miss them all so much, but being away has been good for me. I'm not as close so I don't have to be as involved as I used to feel like I had to be, and I worry less about them, although they are always in my thoughts and prayers. It has also been good for me and my older sister Amber, I don't know if it's just me, but I find myself feeling a lot closer to her than I've been in a long time. I feel like we are reforming that a bond that got lost somewhere between junior high and high school... it is so nice to call her and talk every day, I really find myself being so grateful for the little chats that we have. I love listening to her and helping her...I love that she seems to finally acknowledge me as an equal, or atleast a grown up... I love her to pieces and I am super excited to spend time with her where I can spare it this week.

My brother just got married...which means (insert scary realization music here DUH DUH DUH!) I am officially the last single sibling in the Winberg family. All I can say is, I hope that my dad is proud of me where ever he is...I held off...I do seem to recall him telling me when I turned 11 that boys were bad and that I should stay very far away from them, except for my brother...he was good by association to dad...I didn't think he thought I would take it so much to heart for so long (tee hee...) So I am also looking forward to a fun filled weekend with the open house in IF and all of the lovely stares and pitied glances from relatives who feel so sorry for my tragic state of singledom...Truth...I could care less, I love my life. For the first time in a long time I am perfectly content. I have faith and I know that there are bigger and better things out there for me, I know that God will direct me to where he needs me and to who needs me. Maybe the glances won't be so pitying when they hear that I have a beau...that is if he still wants to be my beau after putting up with my family...(LOL [wink wink])

Well, cheers and Happy Turkey Day, I hope you all gorge yourselves on triptophan ( I think that is how you spell it) and pumpkin pie (or in my family's case pumpkin cheesecake, cheesecake with homemade berry sauce, and apple pie...I love cooking for a crowd, its my biggest thrill in life!)

Hugs and Kisses All!

1 comment:

Amber Wray said...

I love chatting with you too sis. Sorry if you feel like I don't treat you as an equal. It's the mother instinct in me, I think! We miss you and can't wait to see you tomorrow. Drive safe!