Sunday, August 11, 2013

2 Weeks of Dinners...Making August Easy

Sorry I haven't been faithful with my meal plan posts. I have several friends who love that I: A) take the time to make a meal plan and B) Post it so they can steal it! (LOL)

I was going to wait until tomorrow to type this (I just got back from a little mini vacation to Salt Lake City, and I am POOPED!) but Microsoft Word is being dumb, and on the off chance that it can't recover the document again when it decides NOT to save it when I ask it to (grumble, grumble, swear word in German, grumble)...I decided I'd better take the time to type it here so I have it.

Here you go: two weeks of meals with links and notes from my kitchen. :) (Click the recipe title to follow the link.)

1. My special smothered chicken (this is a recipe that I devised years ago- like in high school years ago. I think, if I remember right, it was based off of something that my mom had in a restaurant and asked if I could recreate it at home...couldn't tell you the name of the dish or the restaurant its copying, sorry...its been WAY too long.  Its actually been quite some time since I made it, but since my husband is a teriyaki sauce freak, I've decided to give it a go. I will post the recipe when I make it (with or without pictures depends on if I remember to take them and the munchkins are patient so I can focus! )

2. Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas (my husband  and girls LOVE these! *Note* A LOT of people think the original recipe is too sweet. I had a friend recommend using half the honey it calls for and it REALLY makes a difference. I also add a tsp of cumin to the marinade to up the flavor profile.)

3. Slow Cooker Italian Chicken 

4. Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Casserole

5. Jeff's Favorite Meat Loaf...I've been planning on re doing this recipe for a while now (it is on my old recipe blog, but is almost unreadable because somehow the format got all screwy). I will get it on here, I promise!

6. Crock Pot Lasagna- this one is fairly easy and always a crowd pleaser. A tutorial is almost not necessary, but I'm going to do it anyway.

7. Loaded Grilled Cheese with Homemade Fries- Do you know how to make a grilled cheese? Now add turkey, bacon, sprouts, tomato, avocado and you get a loaded grilled cheese...Don't worry, I will do a tutorial so you can gawk at the splendor...


9. Chicken Taco Soup (I'll be adapting THIS recipe...we will see how it turns out, but you can try your own adaptation, or wait to read about mine. :) )

10. Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce (I will be adapting THIS recipe...as if anyone could make a Pioneer Woman recipe better...but I'm going to try...you can read about it when it happens, but if you just can't wait, the original is TO DIE FOR!)

11. Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken (I've seen lots of recipes with just salsa, but this is something totally new to me. I'll be excited to try it.)


13. Broccoli and Pasta Bake (I will be adapting THIS recipe and removing the chicken for a vegetarian night... Sometimes I just need a break from meat... You can, of course, add the chicken. *Note* a meal plan instantly becomes cheaper when you plan a few vegetarian options...just sayin'...)

14. Warm Corn Chowder Salad (I'm not a big fan of THIS recipe in its entirety, so I will be adapting it to suit my family's personal preference as well as my idea of what would make it more palatable...you can always go ahead and make it as is..I won't judge. :) )

Here you go, darlings! Happy eating!

P.S> I know there are a lot of chicken meals in this meal plan but: A) I prefer chicken to pretty much any other meat. I don't like eating beef if I don't have to because, frankly, it upsets my tummy...I just happened to be in a chicken mood and B) Chicken is on sale at my local grocery store... I want the next two weeks to be cost effective...so sue me! LOL

No comments: