Friday, November 11, 2011

Rapid

As usual with most things in my life, when I do something for the first time I do it in a big way (well, atleast what seems like a big way for me.)

Change has been a constant companion of mine, even when I believed I was stuck in one place, things around me were changing so rapidly all I could do was grab for something sturdy and hang on.

I don't mind change, I've experienced so much in my life that it doesn't seem like a big deal- however, these latest rapid changes seem more like a big deal, mostly because we have time to anticipate their arrival.

Jeff got a job!

I don't know about him, but with the economy the way that it is, I definitely didn't anticipate him getting one so fast!

Its a great job, with great benefits and great pay.

So, why is this job such a big deal?

This job is a big deal because it means that a little over a month from now I will be on my way to Las Vegas in a UHaul, snuggled up next to my husband and a hopefully sleeping baby. (I'm hoping we can get one of the BIG trucks that we can attach the car to the back of so I don't have to drive alone with baby in the backseat that far.)

Because we weren't anticipating this job or this move, I have to say that I am a little nervous. We are essentially still going to be poor college students when we make this big jump, and we don't exactly have money saved up to move hundreds of miles away...

However, I choose to have faith. This summer when moving to Vegas was a real possibility that I had accepted (before Jeff didn't get the initial position he interviewed for) I knew that Vegas was right. It scared me to think of it being "the place" (or at least "the place" for the next 5-6 years) but I just had this feeling everything would work out.

I am working to remember that feeling. I am working on having faith that somehow, some way, we will be able to come up with the money we need to make this happen.

The company is going to cover our moving expenses (U Haul, hotel, food,etc.) but they will pay on a reimbursement basis- which means we still have to come up with the money for the drive down and hope that they will pay us back quickly...

The place to live is the trickiest part.

We're hoping we can find some way to get a home loan with 0% down- again, that darn economy rears its ugly head and I realize that this may be a dream, within a dream,within a dream... but I can't help but hope...$400 earnest money will be a lot easier to come up with than a security deposit plus first month's rent (and possibly last months rent too...)

I guess this is the time that we need to rely on our friends and family the most. If you're reading this and you happen to have friends or family in Vegas that could help us out, that would be amazing. Whether you have an uncle who owns and apartment complex that would be willing to wait a few weeks to be paid (until Jeff gets his first paycheck) or you have a cousin who is a real estate agent or mortgage broker in the Vegas area who could help us as well...anything... We would be muchly obliged to you and you would truly be the answer to a prayer.

All I can do is continue to pray. If this is right, we will find a way to make it work somehow. I believe that with every fiber of my being. Heavenly Father will move mountains to get you to where he needs you to be.

Here's to moving mountains.

Hugs and loves until next time darlings!

1 comment:

Stephanie May Anderson said...

Hey Brittany! do you remember the Atkins brothers? Brandon Atkins was in chamber choir with us and so was Bryan, who married Dana Shearer. Anyway Brandon lives there and has been there a long time so hit him up! We investigated Vegas when Dan was looking into a nursing school there and from I understand houses are really really cheap, and Brandon might have some connections because he's lived there for so long. Good luck with everything!