Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Okay...you can complain all you want, I know its been a while. I've been very very busy in the last few weeks. Between moving back to Idaho Falls, the job hunt, my older sister almost buying the farm and life....let's just say things have gotten a little hectic.

I've had a fun few weeks though, don't get me wrong. Today, however, I am going to tell you about my birthday....

On October 24 I graced the world stage with my presence...you can all take a few moments to thank God now...I won't mind....go ahead...

Okay...okay...enough!

For the first time in many many years I was actually home and able to hang with my family for my birthday. They did a good job trying to make me feel special.

I'd been having a difficult time with turning 26...I don't know why, I guess I was so focused on all the things that I hadn't accomplished that I forgot to see all the things that I had. I finally came to some awesome conclusions....but that is for another blog.

My family took me to Craigos for a pizza lunch, my friend, and my sister's friend Ashley was there with her family. It was so fun to hang with them. Ashley gave me a beautiful figurine....I had been wondering if I would find any chachkies to put on my shelves in my room...and she totally delivered! Thanks Ash...I really do love it!

After lunch, my mom, my step-dad, my sister and my nieces all accompanied me to the mall for a haircut courtesy of them and the amazing Molly...none of you have had a haircut until you've seen Molly, she is pretty much amazing.

After the haircut it was to the apartment complex clubhouse for cheesecake (my fave, next to German Chocolate Cake, but mom can't eat it because of the coconut, and I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy) and my birthday present. My whole family chipped in and got me a pink guitar! I've had so much fun trying to learn how to play it. I've learned alot for only having had it a few weeks, but unfortunately, one of the strings broke and I've been back and forth about sending it back because I can't get the string to tune or taking it somewhere to see if they can fix it...I need to make a decision about that pretty quick don't I?

All in all, it was a beautiful day (even if it was cold and rainy outside) and I loved that I got to spend it with my family.

I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. People I can depend on, people that love me no matter how crazy I am or how bad my jokes are...LOL

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have been given to be linked to them for forever. I am so fortunate to have been born into a family where we have the fully restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so fortunate to have the knowledge that I have and the opportunities I have been blessed with.

Life may be hard at times, but there is so much fun and good between the hard times, I think if we all focused on the good things, no matter how small we will see how amazing our circumstances really are.

Here are a few things that made me smile recently:

1) Teaching Raylee to say "You got it dude!" ala Michelle Tanner from Full House....I promise, its adorable!
2) Raylee wrapping her arms around me and saying "I wuv you Aunt B."
3) Addie smiling and crossing her eyes at me....too cute!
4) Getting Macee ready for the Wray Family Halloween party...Amber walks in the bathroom and says "Brittany! She's five, not fifteen."....I just laughed....
5) Talking Harry Potter with Austin...he may only be 7, but he is definitely dialed in.
6) Finding a new catch phrase/annoyance for Kiersten when she has a new pregnancy ailment...."I love your life, its like an episode of 'I didn't know I was Pregnant' except you know you're pregnant." She laughs, and then she hits me....its a love/hate relationship.
7)Andrew.....for those of you in the know, you know what I mean, for those of you that don't...let's just say, I don't kiss and tell...
8) Watching musicals with my parents and listening to my step-dad sing along...he never used to sing along, he must be getting soft in his old age.
9) Catching up on Ghost Whisperer with Amber, its so nice to share the love....
10) Strumming my guitar randomly in A major while Raylee danced around...I was hysterical and entertaining!

Take some time and focus on your little reasons to smile, you see God's blessings in every one!

Hugs and loves until next time!
Britt
7)

2 comments:

Amber Wray said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! I'm glad you shared the moments that have made you smile lately. They made me smile too! I love you little sister!

Read About Michael said...

That was a really sweet blog entry, Brittany! I enjoyed it very much and hope all the best for you!!