Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tender Mercies as it Storms

Taking a quick minute today to reflect on tender mercies...

I am scheduled for an induction on Monday, but my doc hopes I go into labor sooner. He is concerned that the baby may be growing too fast,  but Monday was the earliest the induction could be scheduled...

I am, however, feeling hopeful. After weeks of contractions and finding that my body once again doesn't want to do what its supposed to in order to get the baby here, I am grateful for a doctor with foresight who is willing to look ahead and be cautious.

Of course, as all of this is going on, the girls have to get sick with some weird, random summer cold.

Poor Phillie was miserable yesterday and the day before, but, after being up all night seems like she is feeling better today (in spite of her cough and stuffy nose) as she has returned to her chipper, silly self...

However, poor Faith woke up even sicker than I ever saw Phillie the last few days (being a few days behind catching the bug.)

Am I nervous? YOU BET...am I constantly, silently praying that the girls are better before we bring baby sister home? ABSOLUTELY...

However, in spite of all the things that could be stressing me out and making me nervous, I have seen small tender mercies in today and feel like I need to share them and record them.

Phillie, seeing how sick her big sister is, has been following her around like a shadow. She hands her toys when Faith wants to play, she hands her a sippy when she looks thirsty and has waited patiently for her turn without complaint all day.

I had been concerned in some ways about how Phillie would respond to not being the "baby" anymore...However, today has shown me that her care, compassion,and concern for others has grown leaps and bounds in such a short time. She will be an amazing big sister and I have no doubt that she will show that same kindness to the baby as she sees and understands that baby sister is weaker than her and needs her help and care.

Poor Faith has been super lethargic and has been running a low grade fever all day in spite of being given Tylenol or Ibuprofen...but, she has found comfort in a way that I didn't expect at all, but should have.

This morning she found a picture of Jesus on the top of the entertainment center. My parents were staying with us in anticipation of the arrival of the new baby and it somehow got knocked off our fridge and I placed it there this morning thinking it would go unnoticed.

Faith, has hugged and carried the picture around all day ever since she found it.

Isn't it amazing how intuitive little children are?

Even without being able to verbally communicate, my little girl is able to show me that she understands and knows Him and who He is, and that her knowledge brings her comfort.

I am grateful for tender mercies.

Hugs and loves until next time, darlings.

No comments: