Thursday, March 6, 2014

Meal Plan and Update

Yes... we're alive.

I wish I had more time to blog this week, but between unpacking the new house, trying to keep 2 toddlers happy, making time for therapy, and my husband being out of town, I have been more than a little exhausted  busy....

I do have a meal plan for you all, but haven't had time to find links for you. Many of the recipes I'm using are either ones that I've made so many times that I just instinctively remember how to make it, so I haven't had to go trolling on Pinterest for new ideas like I normally do. I will post the list and you can find recipes for yourselves this time and I promise that the next one will be complete with where to find the recipe, deal?  DEAL!

1. Teriyaki Chicken (you can type this into the search query at the top of the screen (I think that is where it is) and find my recipe for this. Its one of my husband's favorite things, so I make it often.)

2. Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Cheese and Tater Tot Casserole (Pinterest, my friends, look for it there. Its soooooo worth it.)

3. Breakfast for Dinner (make whatever your family likes best. My husband makes really good breakfast potatoes, so we had this before he left. We had his hashed brown potatoes, sausage and eggs.)

4. Tacos

5. Baked Chicken Nuggets (Six Sister's Stuff)

6. Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta (Pinterest)

7. Countryside Pasta Toss (Pinterest)

8. French Bread Pizza (Pinterest)

9. Alice Springs Chicken (food.com)

10. P.F. Changs Crispy Honey Chicken (food.com)

11. Honey Glazed Grilled Chicken (Six Sister's Stuff)

12. Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Subs (Pinterest)

13. Ham Tailgating Sandwiches (Pinterest)

14. Applebee's Crispy Orange Chicken (Pinterest)

Again, forgive that there are no links this go round...but at least I told you where I found the recipes!:)

Faith is adjusting well to the move. She likes having her own room. She has,however, figured out doorknobs since we've moved here. I have to make sure that the doors are dead bolted so she doesn't get outside, and, since my husband is out of town and I have no car to go purchase toddler knob guards, I had my sweet father in law come over and switch her doorknob around so that I can lock her in her room at bedtime and naptime...I hate doing it, but when I don't she just keeps coming out of her room expecting to play and do whatever she wants and, sadly, she desperately needs her nap...  don't judge! I tormented over whether or not to lock her in all night last night, but safety is the real issue. If, when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she decided to leave her room and go for a little walk, she could get herself into some seriously dangerous situations if I'm not watching. I'd rather lock her in than wake up in the morning and find her hurt or worse. I know that things will be better once we get the knob guards. She will be all together safer because it will be one less step to get to her if she is in danger, and I won't have to feel guilty about locking her in. Its one of the many times that I wish she understood simple commands and I could tell her to stay in her room and she would get it like any other almost 3 year old. I plan on asking her therapists about whether or not I'm doing the right thing or if there is a better way to teach her not to leave her room.\

Phillie hated having her own room at first, but she has started adjusting.  She has had issues jumping on her bed and bouncing herself off the mattress onto the floor since we put her in her own room, but I think my bed jumping monkey is starting to catch on that its not such a good idea.

It seems as if splitting them up  was a good thing. They are both sleeping better at naptime and are waking up fewer times in the middle of the night. Faith still has sensory issues waking up, but we are finding that since she is waking up on her own instead of having Phillie wake her up, the tears and screaming are much shorter lived and she is able to adjust to being awake much faster... my theory is that before, when Phillie would wake her, sensory input came all at once. Now, she sleeps the amount she needs and is able to wake up more gradually, giving her more time to adjust.

Well, I will leave you there with our update.  I will post a video of the new house once we're all unpacked. Don't expect anything glamorous...we're still living our "college chic" life because we can't really afford new decorations or to refinish the furniture we have...,my house won't be making a Pinterest pin anytime soon, or the cover of Better Homes and Gardens Magazine... Maybe someday I will have time to get crafty and won't have toddlers to destroy my work...LOL

Hugs and loves until next time, darlings...

P.S. Not sure if I posted this here yet or not...baby#3 is another princess....Jeff's first response after we left the ultra sound? " We're DEFINITELY getting a dog now...a BOY dog...I need something to keep me from being outnumbered."  The gummy bear is pink...we're working on a name....sadly, we have agreed on all of our boy names from day 1 of our marriage, but girl names are just not something we agree on quickly or easily...We have a short list but so far, neither of us is in love with the same name at the same time...

No comments: